If you have sustained injuries due to a motorbike accident, you need to hire injury lawyers in Vancouver WA in order to uphold your rights. One of the main deciding factors in your case is the motorcycle helmet law in your particular state. The following article seeks to inform you on some basics on motorcycle helmet laws.
Recovery for Injuries
In case you are involved in a motorcycle accident, you need to refer to your state’s laws regarding helmets to determine if you qualify to recover for injuries on your head and neck. Your Vancouver motorcycle accident lawyer can help you understand the implications of the law. The following are some of the common situations and the chances of recovery in each case:
- If you had a helmet on at the time of the accident and never sustained any injuries on your head or neck, the helmet does not bear any weight to your claim.
- If you never had a helmet on during the time of the accident and also did not sustain any injuries, it is legally irrelevant if you had not put on a helmet.
- If you had a helmet on at the time of the accident but suffered from injuries on your head or neck, the helmet will help your claim. The fact that you were wearing shows that the injuries could have been much worse if you had not worn your helmet and therefore the driver’s actions were dangerous.
- If you live in a state where helmet laws do not apply, the court could find you responsible for the injuries if wearing a helmet would have significantly reduced the extent of the injuries. It is in such cases that the insurance providers reduce your compensation. If you are faced with such a scenario, injury lawyers in Vancouver WA will help you get a fair compensation.
- In case you are in a state requiring you to wear a helmet and you suffer from injuries without a helmet on, the helmet law implies that you are comparatively negligent.
Contact Injury Lawyers in Vancouver WA
If you want to pursue a claim for brain damage, contact injury lawyers in Vancouver WA to lay your claim. Call The Law Offices of Loren Scott Etengoff at (360) 693-2919 today.